Friday, March 22, 2019

Finding God in the ordinary

I love going to Colour Conference and being encouraged by the speakers. It's been formative for many areas of my life. I love hanging out with the women,  meeting new people and hearing from God.

However one thing I have discovered. God's greatest revelations to me come in the quite still moments of my own personal life and devotion when I choose to open my heart to him.

We want the big moments and recognition but we don't all get prominence. What we do have is incredible significance because we are loved by God. Even Elijah found God in the still small moments.

It's in my own community and in the local context that we flourish and grow if we choose to. We look to the big moments, we seek the big moments, but it's actually the small moments, in the quiet places that God speaks and that God heals.

I want to be open to God wherever I am but I also want to be a person that looks for God in the everyday moments and opportunities that we are given to love people, to love my friends and to love my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment